During this time of quarantine and social distancing we want to encourage everyone to take the added down time to grow in their walk with God. We especially hope that families will take up the practice of daily devotions, if they haven’t been doing them previously. In order to help with this, we’re sharing a page out of our devotional book, iGrow, each day. They can be used for either family or personal devotions. To view all of the available devotionals, click here.
Day 2: Psalm 1-4
– Spend one minute thinking of the majesty and beauty of our eternal home. In your opinion, what will be the greatest thing about it?
– Devote four minutes to reading Psalm 1-4
– Take three minutes to think through the following questions
1. What was your favorite verse from today’s reading?
2. How does David distinguish between the righteous and the wicked in Psalm 1?
3. How would you describe Mary based on what you read about her today?
4. What can we learn about talking to God from David in these Psalms?
– Spend three minutes answering the following questions
1. What are two characteristics you learned about God from these Psalms?
2. How will this reading help you build a stronger relationship with God?
3. How can these Psalms help you in your interactions with those who are wicked?
4. Write out one action step you will take based on today’s reading. I will…
– Devote the rest of your time to talking to God
How to use iGrow’s 15 minute method:
- Relax (1 minute)
– Take a minute to focus your mind on God
- Read the Word (4 minutes)
– As you read, focus on listening to God as He speaks to you through His Word
– Have an open mind and an open heart to God’s Word
- Reflect on the Word (3 minutes)
– Think through what you just read. How does this Scripture apply to my life?
– How does this apply to my relationship with God and with others?
- Record (3 minutes)
– Write down important questions, observations, and personal applications from your reading
– Decide on one action step to take based on your reading
- Request (4 minutes)
– Pray to God with thankfulness and express your needs to Him
– Pray for strength to follow through with your action step for the day