During this time of quarantine and social distancing we want to encourage everyone to take the added down time to grow in their walk with God. We especially hope that families will take up the practice of daily devotions, if they haven’t been doing them previously. In order to help with this, we’re sharing a page out of our devotional book, iGrow, each day. They can be used for either family or personal devotions. To view all of the available devotionals, click here.
Day 3: Matthew 2
– Spend one minute thinking of your favorite aspect of God’s creation.
– Devote four minutes to reading Matthew 2
– Take three minutes to think through the following questions
1. If you knew you only had five days left to live, how would you spend those five days?
2. Why don’t you do these things now?
3. How did God work in the lives of people in Matthew 2?
4. How does God work in the lives of people today?
5. How would you describe the faith of Joseph?
– Spend three minutes answering the following questions
1. How can tehse verses help in your relationships with your family?
2. How will these verses help you build a stronger relationship with Jesus?
3. Write out an action step you will take in your life based on your reading today.
– Devote the rest of your time to talking to God
How to use iGrow’s 15 minute method:
- Relax (1 minute)
– Take a minute to focus your mind on God
- Read the Word (4 minutes)
– As you read, focus on listening to God as He speaks to you through His Word
– Have an open mind and an open heart to God’s Word
- Reflect on the Word (3 minutes)
– Think through what you just read. How does this Scripture apply to my life?
– How does this apply to my relationship with God and with others?
- Record (3 minutes)
– Write down important questions, observations, and personal applications from your reading
– Decide on one action step to take based on your reading
- Request (4 minutes)
– Pray to God with thankfulness and express your needs to Him
– Pray for strength to follow through with your action step for the day