During this time of quarantine and social distancing we want to encourage everyone to take the added down time to grow in their walk with God. We especially hope that families will take up the practice of daily devotions, if they haven’t been doing them previously. In order to help with this, we’re sharing a page out of our devotional book, iGrow, each day. They can be used for either family or personal devotions. To view all of the available devotionals, click here.
Day 5: Matthew 3
– Spend one minute reflecting on one struggle God has delivered you through.
– Devote four minutes to reading Matthew 3
– Take three minutes to think through the following questions
- What verse grabbed your attention in Matthew 3?
- Why was Jesus baptized by John even though He lived a sinless life?
- Would you describe John as a humble person based on what you read in this chapter?
– Spend three minutes answering the following questions
- What amazed you the most about Christ from your reading?
- Write out one question you have over today’s reading in Matthew 3.
- Describe the Father’s feelings toward Jesus.
- How can this chapter help you in your relationship with God?
- Write down one action step you will take in your life based on your reading today.
– Devote the rest of your time to talking to God
How to use iGrow’s 15 minute method:
Relax (1 minute)
– Take a minute to focus your mind on God
Read the Word (4 minutes)
– As you read, focus on listening to God as He speaks to you through His Word
– Have an open mind and an open heart to God’s Word
Reflect on the Word (3 minutes)
– Think through what you just read. How does this Scripture apply to my life?
– How does this apply to my relationship with God and with others?
Record (3 minutes)
– Write down important questions, observations, and personal applications from your reading
– Decide on one action step to take based on your reading
Request (4 minutes)
– Pray to God with thankfulness and express your needs to Him
– Pray for strength to follow through with your action step for the day